New York City
Polaroid: the original home of analog instant photography. Over our 82-year journey we have been called everything: The Impossible Project, Polaroid Originals, and now Polaroid; the brand where it all began. We create beautiful tools to bring people together in human and meaningful ways. In a world that is more disconnected than ever, there has never been a better time to appreciate what is in front of you. From our refurbished vintage Polaroid cameras to our Phone to Polaroid™️ Lab, we create beautiful, life-enriching tools to ground you in the here and now. We exist to help you see everyday moments, to pause them, and to relive them in something you can hold in your hand and turn to forever. Join us.
Polaroid is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our US Finance Team. The Junior Accountant will provide support to the Accounting Manager and Executive Vice President of Finance and Operations. The primary areas of support are, account reconciliations, purchase order processing, journal entries, vendor data collection and maintenance of various general ledger accounts; and other monthly, quarterly and annual close duties including preparing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Process Accounts payable transactions and perform accounts payable duties such as account maintenance, obtaining appropriate approval, collecting, scanning and filing supporting documentation. Create all domestic and international payments, wires and ACH transactions for weekly processing and approval.
- Reconcile bank accounts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist in account analysis and account coding
- Maintain fixed assets accounts and determine depreciation expense
- Assist with the analyzation of general ledger accounts including posting journal entries.
- Ensure credit card reconciliation and employee expense reports comply with company policy, are within budget parameters and are entered and approved in a timely manner
- Support audit requirements and prepare detailed audit schedules
- Work cross functionally with other departments to ensure the accurate collection of data
Required Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, advanced excel ability, analytical skills, methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- Two years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience with large US retailers a plus, including working knowledge of customer portals
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP system
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and transfer information
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will excel in developing relationships with internal teams and external customers, and will have well-developed analytical and decision-making skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent documentation and organizational skills.
What to expect
This is a full-time job based in New York City, USA and is available as soon as possible. You will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your resume and any other relevant information to support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.