VP Sales Americas
East coast, USA
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: Tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Objectives of the role
The objective is to build and develop long-term sales strategy of Polaroid instant films and cameras and the new categories for the region.
You must be a strong visionary leader who is confident, articulate and energetic with very strong communication and organizational skills. Established knowledge about managing a full P&L for the USA is required.
- Setting up and executing the sales strategy for USA, Canada and Latin America for the next 3 to 5 years.
- Driving the strategy across all WS channels (Consumer Electronics, lifestyle and fashion stores, camera’s specialist, Amazon and online players) in the region.
- Building fully integrated plan and long-term vision with the key accounts such as Best Buy, Urban Outfitters, Target and Amazon, …
- Being strategic across all channels and making the right decision in term of brand distribution and identifying new and relevant business opportunities
- Implementing a sales plan, achieving key performance indicators, including turnover, margin, SR&A.
- Managing a team of sales managers and key account managers across different channels and building a team of excellence for the next years.
- Contribute to the global sales strategy as the largest individual region.
- Ensuring operational efficiency in working closely with demand planner and supply chain in providing accurate monthly forecast and tracking forecast performance vs actuals.
- Managing the customer service department to ensure the best customer experience possible.
- Working very closely with the marketing department to plan in store marketing activations and drive sell out.
- Providing any relevant inputs to the product department to improve our product roadmap for the next years.
- Proven experience of at least 10 years in the consumer electronic environment and/or fashion lifestyle as VP of sales / Sales director / General manager. Experience in both CE and fashion would be a great added value.
- Be a visionary and anticipate market changes
- A strong leader who has a clear vision and can drive a team and sales strategy across different regions and countries
- Experiences in driving a hybrid business model is required (distributors, online, direct accounts)
- Experience in dealing with key accounts is required with proven track records
- Experience in implanting a trade marketing strategy would be an added value.
- Being an expert of the USA distribution
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills is a must.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our New York HQ (20% travel). You will report directly to the VP Global Wholesale.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply with the LinkedIn button.