Mobile Applications Development
Senior iOS Developer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Polaroid is dedicated to analogue instant photography in the original, iconic format. We are a spirited, quickly growing international team, that is very passionate about instant photography and all related accessories. We are reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Company values and behaviours are: The Human, The Impossible, Focus, Honesty, Emotion & Innovation. Come join us!
As Senior iOS Developer you are responsible for developing our Polaroid apps for mobile devices powered by the iOS operating system. Your primary focus is development iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. The iOS Developer works alongside other engineers and developers working on different platforms (Android) and layers of the infrastructure.
Objectives of the role
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, maintainability and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- Build and maintain the SDLC (CI/CD)
- Writing quality code and performing code reviews
- Backlog Grooming and user story sizing estimations
- Writing unit and/or UI tests
- Working in JIRA
- Follow definition of done and other development practices
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of user-centered quality products is essential.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as SwiftUI, UIKit (CoreBluetooth is a big plus)
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience on threading and performance tuning
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
The ideal candidate
- 3+ years of experience in iOS Development
- Proficient in Swift
- Expert in Object-Oriented principles and design patterns
- Enthusiastic about modern software engineering principles
- Experienced in architecting and building native iOS mobile applications from the ground up
- Experience publishing several iOS apps in the app store
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam office. We work flexible hours and when restrictions are not on there is also the option to work some days from home. You will be reporting to the Mobile Applications Team Lead working closely with Design, User Experience, Firmware Development, and Quality teams.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to the our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply via LinkedIn.
The interview process is as followed:
1. screen interview with recruitment and a quick basic codility test
- small technical home assignment
2. interview with the manager and a technical teammember
3. interview with management