Sales Operations Manager
East coast, USA
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: Tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the processes, tools, and technologies that support the Sales and Marketing teams of the company.
Objectives of the role:
- Provide analysis & guidance from sell through of retailers about market trends
- Develop new resources to use the analysis to assist sales team with forecasting.
- Share best practices and expertise with the sales & product teams to assist with direction globally
- Track sales data from retailers (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon)
- Implement new technologies as needed to support marketing and sales teams
- Serve as a liaison between teams with an especially close relationships with finance & operations.
- Assist product team with analysis from trends in the US market
- Train staff on new technology, portals and software
- Assist sales team with account management
- Monitor sell through and market trends from their accounts & communicate these to the Vice President & President
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work within retailer portals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Extraordinary customer interaction, organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and availability to travel
- Ability to read, interpret metrics and make decisions to proactively increase sales.
Planning & Budget:
- Will provide proven data to manager to have annual budgets created.
- Accountable for planning and managing different sales activities in the region and evaluating success and ROI from these.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform advanced computing functions
- Familiarity with portals, databases and sales software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Access and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- 3 + years’ experience in a Sales & Operations
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well in groups
- Ability to multitask
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our New York HQ. You will report directly to the Executive VP Sales US.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (email@example.com) or apply with the LinkedIn button.