Performance Marketing Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, "don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible." In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save the instant film. Over 10 years later, that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid, and today we're again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: Tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Objectives of the role
We're looking for an accomplished and resourceful team member with at least 4 years experience in Performance media/eCommerce, preferably having worked with lifestyle products or consumer electronics. The role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the company's growth, build something from the ground up, directly impact daily operations, and help take Polaroid to the next level.
Reporting directly to the Director for Paid Media, you are responsible for driving Ecommerce net revenue through mainly Paid Media performance channels. You are working closely with your colleagues on the Paid Media team to ensure that always-on activities support your targets while aligning with the Ecommerce team on the roadmap and Marketing calendar. In daily contact with your Paid Media agency, you will drive the strategy, planning, forecasting, and optimization of an efficient Paid Social and SEA mix.
- Analyze historical data in the context of our company roadmap to develop a paid digital marketing strategy, helping to inform and ultimately own the media plan in support of that strategy. The role is primarily focused on performance measured against ROAS, but you should be comfortable working on a comprehensive high/low funnel approach that supports brand awareness and engagement.
- Drive the campaign planning and execution. Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve company performance goals for both growth and ROI. Act as an internal stakeholder for media and performance agencies as required.
- Help define and monitor KPIs, establish operational processes and a reporting framework to continuously leverage learnings, iterate and problem-solve effectively, and generally optimize performance.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of industry trends and best practices. Identify and integrate creative new methods of reaching new audiences, converting leads, and increasing retention for existing customers.
The ideal candidate:
- Min 4-5 years experience in eCommerce performance marketing, consumer goods strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of primary performance media tools and channels, including paid social, Adwords, Google Analytics, and other key display/retargeting platforms. Good knowledge of the Amazon marketplace is a big plus
- Strong Excel and analytical skills. Comfortable in measuring, manipulating, and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and solve problems autonomously.
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies. Understanding potential territorial nuances in marketing trends, particularly in speaking to a US-based audience.
- Flexible and agile. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and easily adapts to change as needed.
- Ability to see and contribute to big picture brand strategy, inclusive of how both online and offline sales and marketing and high funnel brand and low funnel performance marketing all play into one holistic plan.
- A passion for instant photography and experience using our products is a big plus.
What to expect
This is a full-time job-based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You'll be reporting directly to the Head of Paid Media.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your resume and any other relevant information to support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on LinkedIn.