Global Social Media Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, "don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible." In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save the instant film. Over 10 years later, that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid, and today we're again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: Tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
As a Global Social Media Manager, you will be implementing social media and content strategy and pioneering Polaroid’s brand voice across multiple social platforms (with a primary focus on Instagram and TikTok). You will be a part of a Global IMC team in Amsterdam HQ reporting to the Global Head of Communications and Social.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement brand social identity and content strategy
- Oversee and manage day-to-day social calendar
- Successfully translate all brand and product campaigns to social channels
- Identify storytelling opportunities around culture and social moments
- Grow audience and engagement
- Ensure messaging and tone of voice consistency
- Work closely with paid media to identify key conversion opportunities
- Lead social content creation
- Monitor and analyze industry trends
- Set KPI’s and lead metrics reporting
- Manage community coordinator
- Paid media
- Digital marketing
- Brand Studio
- Communications and Influence
- Brand strategy
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in social media marketing (a lifestyle brand or an agency background is preferred)
- Creative storyteller
- Self-starter and a strong collaborator
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills, understanding of metrics and success measurement, experience working with digital analytics tools
- Fluent in English
- Interest in photography and broader culture
What to expect
This is a full-time job-based in Amsterdam HQ and is available as soon as possible. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Social and PR.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your resume and any other relevant information to support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on LinkedIn.