HR Lead, Amsterdam HQ
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company in hyper growth mode.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid. With strong double-digit YoY growth, we are ready for what’s next.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
The role: Support one of the most iconic brands on the planet.
Few brands on earth can do what we do, the way we do it; we have creative culture and iconic design in our DNA. We are looking for a high potential HR Advisor with an eye for detail, heart for people and a strong work ethic.
You will be coached by the CHRO and mentored by our Head of HR Film Production, but at the same time be ready to stand on your own two feet and give things a go. We are in a scale up phase and with that comes fast learnings and fast growth. We want to help build a great environment for our people, leveraging the latest pragmatic HR technologies with best fit pragmatic and scaleable HR practices. We want our people to have the tools they need to succeed in an environment that allows them to come to work as themselves and achieve great things.
Your role will provide HR support for our HQ as well as members of our sales and marketing teams working globally (Asia, US, Europe). We already have a strong HR team running our two main factories in Enschede, the Netherlands and Monheim am Rhein, Germany.
This role gives you the opportunity to grow as we grow. You need to be prepared to go from researching potential new HR technologies, to managing visa applications and owning headcount and salary spreadsheets. You’ll be building great internal and external relationships and keeping in touch with our people, especially ensuring our satellite offices feel seen and heard. And you’ll need to stay on top of the most relevant labour law practices across the countries in which we are present.
Some of the key tasks include:
- Being a central HR coordinator for global headcount reporting by managing the headcount report and staying closely connected to our HR or Finance colleagues in the countries where we have a presence: the US, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, France, the UK, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands and Austria
- Coaching new Managers on HR policy related issues in the Amsterdam headquarters
- Supporting the roll out of annual HR goals setting
- Coordinating the performance review cycle throughout the year for the countries you support
- Supporting the roll out of new HR practices to our global subsidiaries, identifying any local nuances that need to be considered while still ensuring the overall Polaroid global goals are achieved
- Managing visa and 30% ruling applications for new talents joining our Amsterdam HQ from abroad
- Acting as a local champion when it comes to (local) labor laws and expat solutions
- Creating a positive working environment that nurtures our values: Human, Curious, Open and Driven
- Working closely with Talent Acquisition when it comes to workforce planning and Talent Acquisition initiatives
- Supporting the CHRO with ad-hoc requests, analysis, and presentations
What you’ll need: Analytical skills, a collaborative approach, drive and a positive outlook.
- University degree in Psychology, Communications, Business or any related field
- 3+ years of relevant (international) working experience as an HR advisor/specialist or similar role
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English. If you speak Dutch, that is a nice to have and we love people who bring other languages!
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Confidence using excel and not afraid of numbers
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment with people from various backgrounds
- Ready to do hands-on work during our growth phase as well as able to support and drive key global strategic projects
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Roll up your sleeves and use that growth mindset
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Chief Human Recourse Officer and working closely with the whole HR Team as well as peers from other departments.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to our recruitment team (email@example.com).