High potential business controller
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Your role: shape one of the most iconic brands on the planet.
Few brands on earth can do what we do, the way we do it; we have creative culture and iconic design in our DNA and we are looking for a high potential business controller who wants to grow within the company and will be working very closely to the board/CFO. There is lots of room for initiatives and own ideas on how to improve our business. A once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and participate at the highest echelons in an organization. You will be coached by the CFO but at the same time be ready to stand on your own two feet and deep dive independently - hit the ground running.
- Support and improve the monthly management reporting process.
- Support our forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Provide insights on business performance from a financial angle.
- Support business owners and management with understanding their financials.
- Drive business improvement initiatives. How can we speed up things? How can we make processes more effective and efficient? Screening all businesses and departments for increased performance chances. From procurement to factory logistics going way back to sales or marketing, all is included and on the table.
- Support the CFO with ad-hoc requests, analysis, and presentations.
What you’ll need: Intuition, guts, drive and an eager attitude.
- HBO or University degree in Finance.
- 3+ years of relevant (international) working experience as an assistant controller or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English. Dutch, German, French or Cantonese is a nice to have.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic environment with people from various backgrounds.
- Enjoys a wide scope, from procurement to sales, working with our factories, logistics team and our creative people, in the EU, US and Asia.
- Hands on, not afraid of Excel, Keynote or Powerpoint and willing to help out our business teams when they need support. Ability to keep up in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Roll up your sleeves!
- Experience in insights automation like PowerBI is nice to have
- The job description won’t decide on your success, you will make the job work.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with the whole Finance team as also peers from other departments. The job is partly focused on supporting our monthly management reporting cycle, but the larger part is on supporting the business in achieving better understanding and performance. This role has a lot of room of your initiatives and ideas and offers great potential for personal development.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.