DepartmentIntegrated Marketing Communications
Head of Social & PR
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
We are looking for Head of Social & PR with passion for what is happening in culture across the globe and deep understanding of both evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape. This role is designed to push the boundaries of both disciplines with an open-source approach in order to drive positive perception of Polaroid brand.
- Create integrated, holistic and effective communications strategies across PR and Social with focus on purpose messaging, brand storytelling, product design, technology & innovation.
- Bring Polaroid’s brand vision, mission & purpose to live through cross- channel narrative strategies supported by original and innovative content & activation ideas.
- Connect our brand initiatives with global moments & stories that inspire our consumer.
- Leverage external partners and collaborators including media, platforms, influential people & community members
- Develop outreach strategies that ensure that Polaroid has a permanent presence in online titles (beyond just campaigns) with measurable KPI’s that affect brand health & favorability.
- Lead influencer recruitment strategy in alignment brand objectives
- Prospect for new social channels, influencer platforms & capabilities
- Establish relevant KPIs and metrics to map the impact of PR & Social media activities, continuously optimizing strategies based on learnings and patterns.
- Lead global and regional agencies to ensure alignment of the global strategies on a local level.
- Lead PR and Social activation calendar ensuring coordinated outreach and global/local message connectivity
What you’ll need:
- You have 8+ years’ experience working for a culturally relevant brand today
- Deep rooted understanding of youth marketing, digital consumer messaging and brand reputation.
- Strong media network across lifestyle, fashion, news and corporate
- Arts & Culture interests: You’ve worked with artists or creators before and you enjoy artistic pursuits and have avenues for creative expressions.
- Excellent English written and visual communication: You are concise, thorough, and know how to facilitate decisions internally. You care about design language and enjoy writing to express your ideas.
- You are driven by entrepreneurial spirit, happy to roll up your sleeves and lead high performing team of three that can scale in future
- Domain Knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on arts, culture, modern brands, and consumer trends.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Integrated Consumer Communications and working closely with the whole Marketing, Product and Brand teams as also peers from other departments.
What will the process be after applying with your resume and motivational letter?
Pre-interview: 30 minute Teams call Global recruitment manager
1st interview: Teams call with the VP integrated consumer communications
2nd interview: Teams call with the VP Product & Brand
3rd interview: Teams call with the CMO