Hardware Product Development
Polaroid is dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. We are a spirited, quickly growing international team that’s passionate about instant photography and all related accessories. We are reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Company values and behaviors are: The Human, Focus, The Impossible, Honesty, Emotion & Innovation. Come join us!
Fully responsible for Electrical / Hardware design of schematics, board layouts guidance, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs for Polaroid instant film analog camera system. This role collaborates with Product Management, Marketing, with Industrial Design and other Product Development teams and external engineering partners to develop analogue hardware product features that achieve cost, schedule, reliability, regulatory and safety goals. The critical of this role must be capable engineering root cause finding and counter measure providing to execute hardware design validation test and debug for product development phase till mass production. The role is also required to work with certification regulatory engineers, mechanical engineers for EMI/EMC solution. Additional responsibilities for this position include new hardware platform or technology survey, evaluation and development.
Objectives of the role:
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and solution for camera module & sub-system
- Drive camera electrical architecture, interface and power delivery.
- Prototyping and module design bring up and performance characterization.
- Schematic creation, including ranging sensor, power supplies, wireless connectivity, and high-speed I/O interfaces.
- Responsible for making sure design be delivered on time and success.
- Ensure the design at the highest product quality standards and driving continuous improvement for the products
- Cooperate with cross functional team to deliver design from feasibility study, creating prototypes that prove it, and working to scale that prototype to production.
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems and integrated circuitry based on feasibility study result and in accordance with product requirement definition and engineering technical specification
- Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for analog camera system and other sub-systems to ensure design solutions integrate with rest of product functions including mechanical and firmware.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define validation plan, create test cases and ensure good implementation for system integration.
- Conduct board level electrical validation, performance characterization, data analysis, and document results
- Conduct failure analysis, problem solving and design optimization from feasibility study, prototyping, engineering and MP builds
- Works with the cross functional teams and external resources to ensure the design meets set requirements for schedule, feature set, functionality, cost, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and industry standards compliance.
- Partner with external resource/CMs/ODM Suppliers to ensure our designs are optimized for design phase till mass production and continuously improve test productivity and performance
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor degree above in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Control Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience or above in Electrical Design Products, ideally camera, imaging related and consumer electronics products
- Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture with appliances or simulation tools
- Passion for photography and interest in how camera systems work
- Familiarity with analog camera and optics technology
- Good knowledge on electrical design and layout of imaging related products
- Experience for FPGA integration and bring up
- Experienced on EMI/EMC solutions
- Experienced with MCU embedded system device and control interface circuit design
- Familiar with analog camera and related subsystems, modules, components, ranging sensors, strobe and wireless module
- Good skill on hardware evaluation equipment, ex. Logic analyzer, oscilloscope
- Experience working on system validation at device level with MCU/SoC
- Comfort and ability to use all types of electronic test equipment
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (system device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling)
- Great interpersonal skills - the ability to collaborate across groups
- Excellent process development and documentation skills
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor, ISP or image processing is highly desirable.
- Experience in using Matlab, JMP or other simulation & data analysis tools is a big plus.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Taipei office. You will be reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, working closely with the Product Design and other Product Development teams.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation with any other relevant information to Alain Hon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.