Office Manager / Receptionist
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
In this Office Manager / Receptionist role you are the lynchpin of the office, the glue that binds everyone together and the first person colleagues will approach when there’s a problem, which can range from the serious, to just needing a new stapler. With a range of responsibilities at your feet, you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker. The role of Office Manager / Receptionist is highly important, demanding and bursting with variety.
- Host role at reception, welcoming and guiding our guests, informing colleagues and make people feel at home
- Handling incoming calls, post and packages
- Sending out parcels and receiving mail
- Managing our vendors such as cleaners, lunch delivery and taking care of our office
- Gatekeeper of the office regarding e.g. things needs to get repaired
- Keeping a good relationship with all other tenants in the building
- Be the main BHV person for the office and guide people to safety in case of incidents
- Be a big promoter of our culture both internally and externally, you set the tone for the office vibe and know how to create and maintain one
The ideal candidate
- Able to mix high pace work with humor and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced computer skills
- Supply/Vendor management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Comfort with fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, but also to say no
- A true team player / warm personality
What to expect
This is a parttime (office based) job for 24 hours a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) for now, based in Amsterdam (Houthavens), the Netherlands.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Robbert (Recruiter) firstname.lastname@example.org.