Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Polaroid is looking for a self-starter in Finance, who already worked at least 3 to 4 years and is eager to take the next step in his or her career.
- You are responsible for preparing monthly consolidated financial group figures;
- you drive a monthly consolidation process in order to deliver consolidated financial figures which are used for internal and external purposes;
- You provide support to the team in order to prepare consolidation entries related to P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow and intercompany eliminations;
- You develop, drive and maintain the consolidation process: you initiate and participate in projects improving and professionalizing the analyses, internal and external reporting as well as the consolidation function throughout the company with a wide span of control. You develop best practices and optimize the finance structure and efficiency;
- You ensure timely execution and quality of internal controls operations;
- You are responsible for following up and reviewing internal controls that are within the responsibility of Group Finance;
- You contribute to the final reports for Management: you are responsible for preparation of management consolidated accounts for the group on a monthly basis and provide input for the annual report and investor related presentations;
- You are responsible for preparing monthly financial figures and for all bookkeeping activities of 2 group companies;
- You liaise with various internal stakeholders on a daily basis: you have extensive interaction with operating units finance teams and other corporate departments;
- You act as a sparring partner: you are the consolidation expert and act as the first point of contact for all local finance teams concerning data in the consolidation system.
The ideal candidate
- Master degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant (international) working experience in reporting and consolidation
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Dutch
- Knowledge of Consolidation Systems and ERP Systems
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Willing to travel once a week to our headquarters in Amsterdam
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing
What to expect
This is a fulltime job, based in Enschede, the Netherlands. You’ll be reporting directly to the Group Head of Finance, Ruud Maathuis.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and/or any other relevant information to support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.