Monheim am Rhein - Germany
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
The magic we create in Monheim
Monheim is our film production site. We create the positive and negative films in a very precise production environment. The negative and positives are then shipped to our assembly factory in Enschede- The Netherlands. Monheim in the beating heart of our technology in Instant camera experience.
We want to realize our ideas and visions without harming our environment, which is why we use water and energy carefully and sparingly. The production is subject to continuous tests for environmental compatibility. The ability to apply up to nine different functional layers at the same time, ultra-precisely and without mixing (multiple coating) shows the enormous power of Polaroid, which can be used in a wide variety of fields of application.
Your Role: Shape the future of an Icon
To support the rapid growth of our company, we are looking for an Electrical engineer at the film production in our production site (Monheim am Rhein – Germany).
Objective of the role:
- Project management, delegation of tasks including contractor controlling
- Project planning and programming of software for PLC and visualization system
- Independent troubleshooting on complex systems
- Independent implementation / delegation of maintenance and repairs in the field of electrical engineering / mechanics
- Intensive cooperation with the technical management and the plant management
The ideal candidate
- Successfully completed studies in electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with appropriate professional experience (specializing in electrical engineering / mechatronics)
- Relevant work experience
- Ideally, knowledge of Siemens Step 7 and Siemens TIA
- Independent work, ability to work in a team and a high level of initiative
- Organizational skills, flexibility, reliability
What to expect:
- An interesting, versatile and future-proof job in an international company
- Comprehensive and intensive familiarization with the new area of responsibility and the special features of our systems and procedures
- Performance-based salary and occupational pensions
- Short decision paths and flat hierarchies
- A familiar working atmosphere and open communication
- The space for personal and technical developing
- Advanced vocational training opportunity’s
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days vacation
- Permanent employment
This is a full-time role based in our factory in Monheim am Rhein – Germany. You will be reporting directly to the Leader technical services Monheim and working closely with the rest of the factory. We will host 2 rounds of interviews including a factory visit. All Covid measures will be followed.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Global recruitment manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).