Chasing that bounty? Capture the moments that make your world turn with our SFX how-to, and the new Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ edition Polaroid Now and film could be yours.
Throw your best effects and tag #SFXPolaroidchallenge on Instagram to be in the running. Submit entries by 11:59pm EST October 4th.
1. Position your subjects according to the scene.
2. Play with the camera angle to find the illusion.
3. Like the effect? Switch the scene and try it in reverse.
1. Seek your conditions. Go for evening sun with a little cloud cover.
2. Put your subject in front of the sun or another light source.
3. Turn the flash off and take your photo.
1. Switch your Polaroid Now or OneStep+ to double exposure mode.
2. On a plain background, put your subject on one side of the frame. Take the first shot.
3. Switch sides for the second shot.
1. Set the scene.
2. Usually bright conditions work best, but experiment with low light and fog to see what else you capture.
3. Turn off the flash and keep the camera steady in low light.
1. Scout the right location. What story do you want to tell?
2. Place the mirror in your scene and compose the shot.
3. If you’re using the flash, check that it won’t be caught in the reflection.
1. Put your OneStep+ camera on a tripod.
2. Select ‘light painting’ mode in the app.
3. Draw a shape against a light source to finish the shot.